(C) Changes to Site. Pew News may change or discontinue any aspect, service or feature of the Site at any time, including, but not limited to, content, hours of availability, and equipment needed for access or use.
(E) Equipment. You are responsible for obtaining and maintaining all connectivity, computer software, hardware and other equipment needed for access to and use of the Site and all charges related to the same.
2. User Content and Conduct; Community Guideline.
The following terms apply to content submitted by users, and user conduct, on the Site’s Interactive Areas:
(B) Community Guidelines. By submitting any User Content or participating in an Interactive Area within or in connection with the Site, you agree to abide by the following rules of conduct:
- You agree not to upload, post or otherwise transmit any User Content that:
- violates or infringes in any way upon the rights of others, including any statements which may defame, harass, stalk or threaten others.
- you know to be false, misleading or inaccurate.
- contains blatant expressions of bigotry, racism, racially or ethnically offensive content, hate speech, abusiveness, vulgarity or profanity.
- contains or advocates pornography or sexually explicit content, pedophilia, incest, bestiality, or that is otherwise obscene or lewd.
- violates any law or advocates or provides instruction on dangerous, illegal, or predatory acts, or discusses illegal activities with the intent to commit them.
- advocates violent behavior.
- poses a reasonable threat to personal or public safety.
- contains violent images of killing or physical abuse that appear to have been captured solely, or principally, for exploitive, prurient, or gratuitous purposes.
- is protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret, right of publicity or other proprietary right without the express permission of the owner of such copyright, trademark, trade secret, right of publicity or other proprietary right. The burden of determining that any User Content is not protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret, right of publicity or other proprietary right rests with you. You shall be solely liable for any damage resulting from any infringement of copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, rights of publicity or other proprietary rights or any other harm resulting from such a submission. Any person determined by Pew News, in its sole discretion, to have violated the intellectual property or other rights of others shall be barred from submitting or posting any further material on the Site.
- does not generally pertain to the designated topic or theme of any Interactive Area.
- contains any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional materials with respect to products or services, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation.
- You agree not to engage in activity that would constitute a criminal offense or give rise to a civil liability.
- You agree that if necessary, you have the consent of each and every identifiable natural person in any submission to use such persons name or likeness in the manner contemplated by the Site.
- You agree that any person who appears in your submission who is a current member of the Screen Actors Guild (SAG), the American Federation of Television and Radio Actors (AFTRA) or any other rights society is not entitled to compensation by Pew News.
- You agree not to impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, Pew News or any Pew News contributor, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity.
- You agree not to represent or suggest, directly or indirectly, Pew News’s endorsement of User Content.
- You agree not to interfere with any other user’s right to privacy, including by harvesting or collecting personally-identifiable information about the Site users or posting private information about a third party.
- You agree not to upload, post or otherwise transmit any User Content, software or other materials which contain a virus or other harmful or disruptive component.
- You agree not to interfere with or disrupt the Site or the servers or networks connected to the Site, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Site.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit for any commercial purpose, any portion of the Site, use the Site, or access to the Site.
- You agree not to use any service, technology or automated system to artificially inflate the page views that your User Content receives. This includes pay-per-click services, web “robots” and any other current or future technologies. You also agree not to direct any third party to use these services, technologies or automated systems on your behalf.
- You agree not to use any technology, service or automated system to post more User Content than an individual could upload in a given period of time. You also agree not to direct any third party to use these services, technologies or automated systems on your behalf.
Any conduct that in Pew News’s sole discretion restricts or inhibits anyone else from using or enjoying the Site will not be permitted. Pew News reserves the right in its sole discretion to remove or edit User Content by you.
Pew News does not vouch for the accuracy or credibility of any User Content, and does not take any responsibility or assume any liability for any actions you may take as a result of reading User Content posted on the Site. Through your use of Interactive Areas, you may be exposed to content that you may find offensive, objectionable, harmful, inaccurate or deceptive. There may also be risks of dealing with underage persons, people acting under false pretense, international trade issues and foreign nationals. By using Interactive Areas, you assume all associated risks.
The decision by Pew News to monitor and/or modify User Content does not constitute nor shall it be deemed to constitute any responsibility or liability in any manner on the part of Pew News in connection with or arising from use by you of Interactive Areas on the Site.
(E) Moral Rights. If it is determined that you retain moral rights (including rights of attribution or integrity) in the User Content, you hereby declare that (a) you do not require that any personally identifying information be used in connection with the User Content, or any derivative works of or upgrades or updates thereto; (b) you have no objection to the publication, use, modification, deletion and exploitation of the User Content by Pew News or its licensees, successors and assigns; (c) you forever waive and agree not to claim or assert any entitlement to any and all moral rights of an author in any of the User Content; and (d) you forever release Pew News, and its licensees, successors and assigns, from any claims that you could otherwise assert against Pew News by virtue of any such moral rights. You also permit any other user to access, view, store or reproduce the User Content for that user’s personal use.
3. Copyright Ownership.
The Site contains copyrighted material, trademarks and other proprietary information, including, but not limited to, text, software, photos, video, graphics, music and sound, and the entire contents of the Site are copyrighted as a collective work under the United States copyright laws. Pew News owns copyright in the selection, coordination, arrangement and enhancement of such content.
4. Third Party Content.
Pew News is a distributor (and not a publisher or creator) of content supplied by third parties and users. Any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers, or other information or content expressed or made available by third parties, including information providers or users of the Site, are those of the respective author(s) or distributor(s) and not of Pew News. Neither Pew News nor any third-party provider of information guarantees the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any content, nor its merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose. (Refer to Section 6 below for the complete provisions governing limitation of liabilities and disclaimers of warranty.)
In many instances, the content available through the Site represents the opinions and judgments of the respective user or information provider not under contract with Pew News. Pew News neither endorses nor is responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice or statement made on the Site by any third party. Under no circumstances will Pew News be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any loss or damage caused by your use or reliance on information obtained through the Site. Pew News is not responsible for any actions or inaction on your part based on the information that is presented on the Site. It is your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any information, opinion, advice or other content available through the Site. Please seek the advice of professionals, as appropriate, regarding the evaluation of any specific information, opinion, advice or other content.
5. Advertisements and Promotions.
Pew News may run advertisements and promotions from third parties on the Site. Your business dealings or correspondence with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers other than Pew News, and any terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such third party. Pew News is not responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of third-party advertisers on the Site.
Disclaimer of Warranty; Limitation of Liability.
(A) YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. NEITHER PEW NEWS, ITS PRESENT OR FUTURE PARENT(S), SUBSIDIARIES, OR RELATED ENTITIES, NOR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, THIRD PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS OR LICENSORS WARRANT THAT THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE; NOR DO THEY MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF THE SITE, OR AS TO THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY OR CONTENT OF ANY INFORMATION, SERVICE, OR MERCHANDISE PROVIDED THROUGH THE SITE.
(C) THE SITE MAY OFFER HEALTH, FITNESS, NUTRITIONAL AND OTHER SUCH INFORMATION, BUT SUCH INFORMATION IS DESIGNED FOR EDUCATIONAL AND INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. THE INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THE SITE DOES NOT AND IS NOT INTENDED TO CONVEY MEDICAL ADVICE AND DOES NOT CONSTITUTE THE PRACTICE OF MEDICINE. YOU SHOULD NOT RELY ON THIS INFORMATION AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR, NOR DOES IT REPLACE, PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE, DIAGNOSIS, OR TREATMENT. Pew News IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ACTIONS OR INACTION ON A USER’S PART BASED ON THE INFORMATION THAT IS PRESENTED IN THE SITE.
(D) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL PEW NEWS, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY PERSONAL INJURY, PROPERTY DAMAGE, LOST PROFITS, COST OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF GOODWILL, WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER AND/OR DEVICE OR TECHNOLOGY FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION OR FOR ANY FORM OF DIRECT OR INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES BASED ON ANY CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF USE OF THE SITE OR ANY ALLEGED FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, OR DELAY IN SERVICE, OPERATION, OR TRANSMISSION OF THE SITES, OR ANY ALLEGED COMPUTER VIRUS, COMMUNICATION LINE FAILURE, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OF PROPERTY, AND/OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, ALTERATION OF, OR USE OF OR POSTING OF ANY RECORD, CONTENT, OR TECHNOLOGY, PERTAINING TO OR ON THE SITES. YOU AGREE THAT THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY APPLIES WHETHER SUCH ALLEGATIONS ARE FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORTIOUS BEHAVIOR, NEGLIGENCE, OR FALL UNDER ANY OTHER CAUSE OF ACTION, REGARDLESS OF THE BASIS UPON WHICH LIABILITY IS CLAIMED AND EVEN IF PEW NEWS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, YOU ALSO SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT PEW NEWS IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY ACTUAL OR ALLEGED DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF OTHER USERS OF THE SITES OR ANY OTHER THIRD PARTIES. IF APPLICABLE LAW DOES NOT ALLOW ALL OR ANY PART OF THE ABOVE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY TO APPLY TO YOU, THE LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY TO YOU ONLY TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY PROVISION APPLIES TO NEW JERSEY RESIDENTS.
(E) Pew News disclaims any and all liability of any kind for any unauthorized access to or use of your personally identifiable information. By accessing the Site, you acknowledge and agree to Pew News’s disclaimer of any such liability. If you do not agree, you should not access or use the Site.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Pew News, its affiliates and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of the use of the Site by you. Pew News reserves the right to take over the exclusive defense of any claim for which we are entitled to indemnification under this Section. In such event, you shall provide Pew News with such cooperation as is reasonably requested by Pew News.
Pew News subsidiaries and affiliates, own all rights to their logos and trademarks used in connection with the Site. All other logos and trademarks appearing on the Site are the property of their respective owners.
10. Governing Law.
The content, data, video, and all other material and features on the Site are presented for the purpose of providing entertainment, news and/or information and/or promoting programs, films, music, games, and other products and/or services that are or may become available in the Spain, its territories, possessions, and protectorates.
Any and all disputes, claims and controversies arising out of or in connection with your access to, and/or use of the Sites, and/or the provision of content, services, and/or technology on or through the Sites shall be governed by and construed exclusively in accordance with the laws and decisions of Spain applicable to contracts made, entered into and performed entirely therein, without giving effect to its conflict of laws provisions.
11. Disputes/Arbitration. PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY – IT MAY SIGNIFICANTLY AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING YOUR RIGHT TO FILE A LAWSUIT IN COURT.
In the event of a dispute, claim, or controversy arising out of or in connection with your access to, and/or use of the Site, and/or the provision of content, services, and/or technology on or through the Site, Pew News or you must give the other notice of the dispute, claim, or controversy which notice will include a brief written statement that sets forth the name, address, and contact information of the party giving it, the facts giving rise to the dispute, claim, or controversy and the relief requested. You must send any such notice to Pew News by email to email@example.com. To the extent that Pew News has your contact information, it will send any such notice to you by Mail, or otherwise to your email address. Pew News and you will attempt to resolve any dispute, claim, or controversy through informal negotiation within thirty (30) days from the date that any notice of dispute, claim, or controversy is sent. Pew News and you shall use reasonable, good faith, efforts to settle any dispute, claim, or controversy through consultation and good faith negotiations. After 30 days, Pew News or you may resort to the other alternatives described in this Section. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the notice and 30 day negotiation period required by this paragraph shall not apply, however, to disputes, claims, or controversies concerning patents, copyrights, moral rights, trademarks, and trade secrets and claims of piracy or unauthorized use of the Sites.
If your claim is solely for monetary relief of $100 or less, and does not include a request for any type of equitable remedy, you may choose whether the arbitration will be conducted solely based on documents submitted to the arbitrator, through a telephonic hearing, or by an in-person hearing under the AAA Rules.
You may choose to pursue your claim in small claims court where jurisdiction and venue over Pew News and you otherwise qualify for such small claims court and where your claim does not include a request for any type of equitable relief.
If any clause within these arbitration provisions is found to be illegal or unenforceable, that specific clause will be severed from these arbitration provisions, and the remainder of the arbitration provisions will be given full force and effect. In the event some or all of these arbitration provisions are determined to be unenforceable for any reason, or if a claim, dispute or controversy is brought that is found by a court to be excluded from the scope of these arbitration provisions, Pew News and you agree to waive, to the fullest extent allowed by law, any trial by jury.
The terms of these arbitration provisions will also apply to any claims asserted by you against any present or future parent or affiliated company of Pew News to the extent that any such claims arise out of your access to, and/or use of the Site, and/or the provision of content, services, and/or technology on or through the Site.
12. Class Action Waiver. PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY – IT MAY SIGNIFICANTLY AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS.
If any court or arbitrator determines that the class action waiver set forth in this paragraph is void or unenforceable for any reason or that arbitration can proceed on a class basis, then the disputes, claims or controversies will not be subject to arbitration and must be litigated in federal court located in Valladolid, Spain.
The terms of this provision will also apply to any claims asserted by you against any parent or affiliated company of Pew News to the extent that any such claims arise out of your access to, and/or use of the Site, and/or the provision of content, services, and/or technology on or through the Site.
Neither Pew News nor you shall be liable for damages or for delays or failures in performance resulting from acts or occurrences beyond their reasonable control, including, without limitation: fire, lightning, explosion, power surge or failure, water, acts of God, war, terrorism, revolution, civil commotion or acts of civil or military authorities or public enemies: any law, order, regulation, ordinance, or requirement of any government or legal body or any representative of any such government or legal body; or labor unrest, including without limitation, strikes, slowdowns, picketing, or boycotts; inability to secure raw materials, transportation facilities, fuel or energy shortages, or acts or omissions of other common carriers.
14. Copyrights and Copyright Agent.
Pew News respects the rights of all copyright holders and in this regard, Pew News has adopted and implemented a policy that provides for the termination in appropriate circumstances of users and account holders who infringe the rights of copyright holders. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide Pew News’s Copyright Agent the following information required by the Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. 512:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyright work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
For copyright inquiries under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act please contact:
For web posting, reprint, transcript or licensing requests for Pew News material, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For any questions or requests other than copyright issues or licensing requests, please contact email@example.com